Why is medical aid important?
Many people often think they have better things to spend their money on than medical aid cover. The truth is in today’s world, healthcare costs are extremely high and just one day in a private hospital or one operation can deplete any emergency funds you may have. While you might think that you are all fit and healthy, accidents do happen and can occur at the least opportune time.
The advantages of belonging to a medical aid:
- It financially protects you if you suddenly have to pay large, unexpected medical cost.
- You can look after your family and focus on early treatments as opposed to waiting until someone is really sick.
- You have the choice of going to a private hospital over a crowded public hospital.
- If you have medical aid, you can usually rest assured that there will be no long delays in your medical treatment because you don’t have funds to pay for it.
- Medical Tax rebates – government want you to have medical aid cover and they provide rebates making it more affordable.
How do I choose a medical scheme?
You need to assess your needs versus your budget to find the best suited medical aid. Our Medical Aid expert is here to help find you the best solution and to answer all the questions you may have.
When looking at your options you need to consider the following:
- Hospital cover – Is private care important to you or are you happy with the state hospital?
- Day to day cover (GP Visits. Dentistry, Optometry e.c.t.) – How much are you spending on your health during the course of a year?
- Chronic cover – If you have a chronic condition what is it costing you?
- Using any service provider or a network option with designated service providers – this helps with affordability check to see if your preferred doctor and hospital are in your network.
Get professional advice
We can help determine which plan best suits your needs and is most affordable for you. With medical aid we do not charge additional fees we earn the minimum fee from the medical scheme. Our ongoing service is excellent and as a client we are always here to help you. Jade is our Medical and Gap Advisor and she can help answer any questions you may have. https://www.growmatter.co.za/contact/
Live Trust Grow Matter